The autumnal equinox will arrive Thursday morning. The shorter days and cooler nights to follow will usher in a new season of vibrantly colored foliage throughout the area. Read about the status of fall colors throughout New York. View a quick guide to the fall colors of tree leaves.
Here is a list of other autumn activities to consider:
- Autumn Equinox: A Season of Change
- Vischer Ferry Fall Migrants
- Birding and Nature Walks at Saratoga National Historical Park
- Brilliant and Bristly Buckmoths
- Explore Troy’s Gateway to the Hudson River Water Trail
- Fall Foliage Festival at Mabee Farm Historic Site
- The Uncle Sam Trail as an Urban Nature Walk
- Albany Star Sighting
However, I invite you to view fall colors…from a different perspective. Most of these plants can be viewed in your community, your neighborhood, even in your own backyard.