No, not the iconic movie. The color.
Today, while continuing my wildflower inventory along the Community Connector Trail, it quickly became apparent what the color du jour would be for blooming wildflowers during this outing.
Thus, please take a peek at what I observed along the trail –
Downy False Foxglove
Common St. Johnswort
Smooth Ground Cherry
Common Evening Primrose
Yellow Wood Sorrel
Clammy Ground Cherry
Old Yeller. Well, I think I just might be in the mood for a good movie right about now. Going to go grab a bucket of popcorn and fire up the VCR (just kidding)…and grab a box of tissues.
In recognition of New York’s Invasive Species Awareness Week (July 8-14), I have prepared a compilation about how to identify (including color photographs and brief ID tips) a number of species of invasive plants at each of two local preserves:
- Fox Preserve (located in Town of Colonie) – view the compilation
- Vischer Ferry Nature and Historic Preserve (located in Town of Clifton Park) – view the compilation
Each compilation includes:
- list of observed species (including information describing flowers, leaves, and other plant characteristics as well as when each blooms and where each can be found at that preserve)
- color photographs and brief ID tips
The compilation for Vischer Ferry Nature and Historic Preserve also includes a list of links to other websites with information on how to control or eradicate each listed species.
Hope you find these compilations helpful.
Also, please join me this week for a walk to identify invasive species at (1) Vischer Ferry Nature and Historic Preserve (6pm on July 12) and (2) Fox Preserve (9am on July 13) – more info regarding each walk is available on my Events page. I hope you’ll join me!
I have added more content to this blog, namely –
- a page entitled “Settlers Hill Natural Area” that features information and photos of this multi-use trail system in the Town of Clifton Park; and
- a page entitled “Summer Hill Natural Area” that features information and photos of this multi-use trail system in the Town of Clifton Park.
Please check them out.
Hope you find them helpful.